The omission of a middle man is perfectly justifiable if you can manage to sell your house without enlisting his help. This particular tactic is not very difficult to understand. You save a great amount of money if you do not have to pay your real estate agent his commissions for getting you buyers for your house.
Moreover, by doing so, that is, removing the middle man you can also afford to lower the price you have quoted for your house, leading to the much faster selling of the house.
However, with this decision to sell your house without the help of a real estate agent means that the work to be done on your part increases. Such work for the agent is part of his daily routine as he has to encounter such formalities with every project he gets.
For you, thought it maybe new, it is not impossible to accomplish, and you will soon find how.
The first thing an agent will do when you hire him is he will come and see your house for himself. He will need to know whether your house is in a presentable condition. Then he will go about telling you what are the things that need fixing and altering. He may even consult a staging professional at this stage.
Therefore, this is the first thing you must find out for yourself too. Is your house is a presentable condition? The following are the areas you need to look out for:
1. Floors and ceiling
2. Bathroom and kitchen fittings
3. Lighting and ventilation
4. Doors and windows
5. Paint, both on the inside and outside
6. Drainage system around the house
7. Condition of driveway and walkway
8. Home Improvements
Besides these general outlines you can take some forward steps to ensure that your house gets sold quickly and without much hassle.
• Cosmetic Improvements: You can alter the design of your house a bit by repainting the wall, re doing the furniture and optimizing the living area. You will have to keep the latest trends in mind while doing so. Taking help of a staging professional can also help here. You can make your house look inviting, as a result of which it may look impressing. You can decorate it with proper lighting and plants, etc. basically, you need to make sure all the furniture, kitchen and bathroom cabinets and equipment, etc are all in good condition.
• Target Buyers: You need to know the kind of people that will be moving into your house. You need to analyze what kind of people will prefer a house in the locality in which you are now living. You can take the example of the neighbors that have just moved in. though people differ, but some traits remain the same. Knowing your target customers will help a great deal in staging your house.
• Buyers’ Needs: People are very finicky about the kind of house they prefer and they are not wrong in thinking so. Though you cannot guess each of those small details, you can satisfy some of their broader concerns which may pertain to security of the neighborhood, connectivity (with the market place, their work place, their children’s school, etc), and comfort.
• Pricing: At all costs, keep the pricing very realistic. There is no point just thinking about your own profit, because quoting such a high price would mean that your house does not get sold quickly. Have a good idea about the current real estate market condition and quote your price accordingly. Also decide on how you would like to attract buyers and what kind of advertisement would you like to place and where. Negotiate the price and terms of purchase and sale very carefully. You need to be extra careful while doing so especially because you are not enlisting the services of a real estate agent for whom these clauses are quite normal.
• Legal Aid: Never refrain from seeking legal aid when in doubt. Rather, it is always better to hire a lawyer even if it means you will have to pay him a portion of your profits earned as fees. There are very complex land and property-related issues that you might not be familiar with. You do not want to get caught unawares in case something untoward may happen.
Get more of real estate
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting real estate stuff updates to your email inbox.